RIBBON CUTTING DESCRIPTION
A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business. It can inaugurate an organization’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’ soft opening. These events are free and open to the public to celebrate the momentous occasion with the business.
Business owners may use this opportunity to say a few words about the business, their journey/process, and publicly thank those involved such as financial backers, their employees, friends & family, and/or any business partners. They also tie in great with grand opening celebrations.
Members may schedule a ribbon cutting free of charge. Businesses that are not current members may inquire about scheduling a ribbon cutting for a fee.
WHEN TO HAVE A RIBBON CUTTING
You may choose to host a ribbon cutting if:
- You are a brand new business
- You have moved to a new location
- You have remodeled or expanded your current location
- Have an upcoming milestone anniversary (1 year; 5 years; 10 years; 25 years; etc.)
- Have gone through a recent rebranding
BENEFITS OF A RIBBON CUTTING
By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can:
- Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your business
- Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product/services
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your physical location
- Begin a customer base
- Generate leads and sales from attendees
SCHEDULE A RIBBON CUTTING
Ribbon cuttings can be scheduled Monday-Friday and take place between 9 am-4:30 pm. We recommend you schedule your Ribbon Cutting at least 4 weeks in advance and check with the Chamber to make sure the date and time is available before making other plans. The Chamber won't schedule more than one ribbon cutting in a day and cannot guarantee the number of guests in attendance.
To schedule a ribbon cutting contact: