RIBBON CUTTING DESCRIPTION
A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business. It can inaugurate an organization’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’ soft opening. These events are free and open to the public to celebrate the momentous occasion with the business.
Business owners may use this opportunity to say a few words about the business, their journey/process, and publicly thank those involved such as financial backers, their employees, friends & family, and/or any business partners.
To schedule a ribbon cutting you must be a new or current Walla Walla Valley Chamber member in good standing.
WHEN TO HAVE A RIBBON CUTTING
You may choose to host a ribbon cutting if:
- You are a brand new business
- You have moved to a new location
- You have remodeled or expanded your current location
- Have an upcoming milestone anniversary (1 year; 5 years; 10 years; 25 years; etc.)
- Have a groundbreaking
- Have gone through a recent rebranding
BENEFITS OF A RIBBON CUTTING
By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can:
- Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your business
- Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product/services
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your physical location
- Begin a customer base
- Generate leads and sales from attendees
SCHEDULE A RIBBON CUTTING
We have found that the best time to schedule your ribbon cutting is Monday-Friday. Since Chamber ribbon cuttings are business to business events, we do not recommend you schedule your event on a weekend. Business members are best available at the end of the work day (4:00pm – 5:30pm). Additionally, the Chamber needs at least 4 weeks notice and will not schedule the same day as other ribbon cuttings. The Chamber cannot guarantee the number of guests in attendance.
To schedule a ribbon cutting contact, Tawni Gama, firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.629.0725.